The OASIS ebXML Registry TC has completed its work on the ebXML RegRep 4 specification. The specification is currently a Candidate OASIS Standard. A ballot to approve it as an OASIS Standard is taking place between January 10 - January 24, 2012. We hope that the ballot result will make ebXML RegRep 4 be the first OASIS Standard in 2012!
OASIS ebXML RegRep is an open specification for software that manages diverse content such as documents, images, services, devices, assets, schemas, WSDL, ontologies, records. Previous versions of the specification have been approved by OASIS as well as ISO.
Some of the key benefits of ebXML RegRep 4 are :
- Improves data quality, integrity by serving as a authoritative source of metadata and enforcing validation rules
- Improves data discovery and reuse using standard and custom queries, query functions and automatic cataloging
- Improves data availability and scalability through synchronized replication and federation of data
- Securely shares data within and across organizational boundaries using secure federated queries
- Enforces governance policies defined by Community of Practice throughout the end-to-end lifecycle of data using features such as versioning, subscription and change notification and BPMN process descriptions
The ebXML RegRep 4 specification is designed for extensibility and several extension profile specifications are already published:
Wellfleet's WellGEO RegRep product implements ebXML RegRep 4.0 specification and its latest extension profiles. It is being used by several organizations including NOAA, FAA and MIT Lincoln Laboratories.
Please email us if you would like to get more information about ebXML RegRep 4 or WellGEO RegRep.