The WellGEO RegRep team at Wellfleet Software is pleased to announce our latest release of WellGEO RegRep 4.13. WellGEO RegRep is an implementation of the OASIS ebXML RegRep 4 standard.
Here is a brief summary of the new features and improvements to existing features:
- Single SignOn Support Based on SAML 2 - The WellGEO RegRep server has been enhanced to support Single Sign On based on the OASIS SAML 2 standard. SAML 2 standard enables web-based authentication and authorization scenarios including cross-domain Single Sign On. SAML 2 standard represents the convergence of SAML 1.1, Liberty ID-FF 1.2, and Shibboleth 1.3 protocols and specifications.
For WellGEO RegRep customers this is a strategic feature that gives them the following benefits:
- Open standards-based integration of WellGEO RegRep with existing enterprise security infrastructure
- Managing user identities, roles and privileges securely in a central repository (Identity Provider) and for use by any number of services and applications within their enterprise
- Allowing multiple Identity Providers, both within and across enterprise boundaries to be secure source of user identities, roles and privileges for use by any number of services and applications within their enterprise as well as with partner enterprises.
- Security, convenience and simplicity for their user community by supporting a common secure mechanism to log in to multiple applications and services.
- User needs to log in only once (Single Sign On) and they are automatically logged in to all applications supporting SAML 2 Single Sign On.
- User need to log out only one (Single Log Out) and they are automatically logged out of all applications supporting SAML 2 Single Sign On.
- User needs to learn one authentication method that works across multiple applications and services
- Choice among a large number of Identity Provider products and vendors that support the SAML 2 standard.
The default configuration of WellGEO RegRep will continue to use LDAP based authentication as in previous releases. Changing deployment configuration enables the new SAML 2 feature.
- Map Visualization of Spatial Search Results - WellGEO RegRep 4.12 provided the ability to limit a spatial search to a geographical region using a map tool. We complement that feature in this release, with the ability to display the results of a spatial search graphically on a map.
- Glassfish 4 support - The WellGEO RegRep server is now supported on the latest Glassfish 4 application server. This version provides many new features including support for JavaTM API for JSON Processing, JavaTM API for WebSocket, Concurrency Utilities for JavaTM EE.